Monday, October 29, 2007

Breakfast Idea


Michael came home from Iraq with this new idea for a quick healthy breakfast:
Saute vegetables (our favorites are zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper, onion, and tomato)until tender. You can add some kind of ham or sausage to it if you'd like. Next mix a bunch of egg whites in a bowl (sometimes I'll put in a yolk or two). Grease muffin pans and fill half way with vegetables. Pour egg in cups almost filling to the top. Sprinkle some cheese over top and bake. (I don't know how long I bake it, I just check on it until it looks done.) Once they have cooled, freeze however you want (we put two in a ziplock bag) and then in the morning pull out and microwave. These are nice for Michael when I'm too lazy to make him breakfast. -And they are a good way to get some protein and vegetables in.

5 comments:

Nicolaysen's Neighborbood said...

Good idea! I just might try it! Sounds yummy!

Sydney said...

Love the new background. Very You!

Did you say "too lazy to make him breakfast?" that would imply that you get out of bed and make him breakfast on most days?? WOW, if that's true, you get the Wife of the Year award.

Jared would love this and I think I may have to try it, he might just give me the award! His breakfast consists of a bowl of Raisin Bran and a glass of juice. He can have anything he wants for breakfast as long as he's quite and doesn't use the blender! I would hate for him the wake the kids:)

Tagan said...

Zipporah, thanks for the idea... I think I've seen the same thing in a magazine before but I had totally forgotten about it. We usually do oatmeal and a protein shake in the morning, but I like the idea of mixing it up a little!

wurstens5 said...

Great idea. Always looking for some on the run easy good food.

Kirkhams said...

Looks yummy! I'm so glad you've got your hubby back! Is he back for good for awhile?