Monday, August 27, 2007

Holy Crap!



Tonight while I was cleaning up the backyard, I found the biggest spider I think I have ever seen (aside from at a zoo). I even said "holy crap!" out loud to myself. I went next-door to show the neighbors, but they weren't home, so I had to put in on the blog. Unfortunately, the boys are in bed and didn't get to see it, and I'm not a nice enough mom to save it for the morning. It was sprayed with spider killer and flushed down the toilet. I have felt like I have something crawling on me ever since. Yuck!

8 comments:

Nicolaysen's Neighborbood said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing! I think I would have said a lot more than "Holy Crap!" if I ran across that thing!

Deanna said...

All I can say is you are a good woman to actually catch that thing and not just going running into the house screaming! That's surely what I would've done! :o)

Sydney said...

That's what you get for trying to clean the backyard....

Mythreesons said...

How did you manage to get it in a jar. I would have ran screaming and tried to pretend it wasn't there... or gotten the hose and drowned it on the spot. I can't believe those live here. Yuck!

Yvonne said...

That's gross.

wurstens5 said...

That is really,really gross. I did not think Colorado has such big spiders. I hope I DO NOT find one in my home.

Nicole said...

Ok, that just might be equal to or even worse than the roach!!!
Yuck!

Lynnette said...

Holy crap is right. No, I mean seriously holy crap. That is the biggest darn thing I think I've ever seen too. Glad you're alive.