Sunday, August 5, 2007

Just having one of those days!


I am so TIRED today! My poor children (4yrs and 3yrs) got a little lecture tonight about how Mommy is tired of doing everything (picking up toys everywhere, making dinner, changing diapers, dressing children, doing dishes) ALONE. I want their help, but unfortunately I'm expecting a little much from such young children. It is Sunday today, and church was long. I play the piano for choir, so we get there an hour early, then I teach the Laurels and it feels like I am always the last one to leave once I've cleaned up my lesson stuff and gathered the children. Then on top of it, it's right during Haley's naptime, so she was just a pill today.

Okay, I know this is probably a terrible post because I'm complaining so much. I'm just having a "me moment". I put the kids to bed at 7:00 for my sanity and also because they were cranky because not one of them took a nap today. It seems like some days it takes forever for 7:00-7:30 (bedtime) to come. Is that terrible that I look forward to that part of the day everyday?

So, I am going to go upstairs to make myself a little bowl of ice cream (okay, maybe not little) and sit out on the porch and enjoy the cool night. I really am happy and doing fine with Michael being gone. ....It's just one of those days and I feel like sharing it.

I know it's probably silly to put a picture of myself, but my little neighbor was over taking pictures and commented on how messy my hair was. I thought I would share my "tired mommy" picture.

6 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh zippy. I'm having to wipe away the tears from my eyes.....You are doing what few women can do. It takes a lot to be a military wife to a deployed husband. I can't even imagine. I'm glad you've posted about your day and I'm sorry I don't live closer so that I could enjoy that bowl of ice cream with you.

Hang in there. We love you!

Kristel said...

It happens to ALL of us even when our husbands are home! You are doing amazing...how much longer until he comes home? by the way, I love the H picture...I might have to copy that!

wurstens5 said...

Do not feel bad about wishing bed time to come. I do quite often. Some days you just need it quicker than others. I have to agree with sydney you are doing what few women can do. I don't know if I could do it.

510Jen said...

OH Zipporah you are the woman. I still think you are beautiful even when you are having one of those days. Heck I will eat a bowl of icecream with you any day.

Keep your head up you are AMAZING.

The Robinson Five said...

Zip!
You are AMAZING...even on your bad days, you put me to shame.
Suz

brittnee said...

You are a a great mother! Heck, I look forward to 8 pm even with 1 child! I could not do what you do & keep it all together. Call me & we'll sit out on the porch one night when the kids are in bed.