Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kindergarten, here we come!!

I can't believe that I sent our sweet little four year old (almost five) off to kindergarten today! Braden was such a trooper. He was nervous to be at a new school, with a new teacher, and new kids that he'd never met. Everything went well though. I didn't really get emotional until we pulled close to the school and saw all of the kids big kids outside of the school and just can't believe how fast Braden is growing up. He is SUCH a good boy, and I get so nervous for him to be around so many outside influences (paranoid, I'm sure). Anyway, we met the teacher and Braden was so brave when it was time to say good-bye. I drove away and said a prayer and thought and worried about him until three hours had passed by and it was time to pick him up. He was SO happy and so excited when I picked him up. He LOVED kindergarten. Whew! What a relief! I'm so glad that he had a good first day and is excited to go again tomorrow. Michael called and said that he had been thinking about Braden all day and was so excited to hear about how kindergarten went. Braden wanted me to take the picture of him holding his backpack to show Daddy. (Braden wasn't quite sure if he was ready to smile with this new teacher quite yet!)

4 comments:

Sydney said...

So cute! Braden, we're so proud of you for being brave and going to school. You are going to be so smart, just like your daddy and we can't wait for you to tell us everything you learn! You have a cool new backpack and your teacher looks very nice. Good luck in school buddy!!

Lynnette said...

He looks so darn cute and handsome and BIG! Man, it just doesn't seem possible that it's kindergarten time already for our first kiddos born at dental school! Good luck, B...and you too Mommy! It'll be so much fun!:)

Yvonne said...

Wow...kindergarten! That's crazy!! He looks like a handsome little man! :-)

Mythreesons said...

Hi ZIpporah! I found you. Wow... kindergarten. I forget that everyone in Jaxon's primary class is going to be a year ahead of him in school. I can't believe we'll be doing that next year. Maybe I should prepare him with preschool...or just save my sanity with preschool...