Sunday, August 19, 2007

Quick trip to Utah

Before I start this post, I want to say that I feel bad for anyone that I wasn't able to see while we were in Utah. We only had a chance to be with family this trip. Unfotunately it was a very spontaneous trip and it went way too fast.
So I just have to say how proud I was that we made it from Colorado Springs to Riverton, UT (about a 9-10 hour drive) only stopping ONCE! With three children and only one adult, I think that's pretty darn good. We did have a long stop in Grand Junction where we had lunch and I made my children sit on the toilet until they pooped so we wouldn't have to stop for that, but it was our only stop. (We won't talk about the way home.)
We had a nice time with Michael's family. Michael's sister Nichole is staying with Michael's parents while her husband does an internship, so it was nice to be able to spend a lot of time with her. She probably got sick of me, but I loved being with her. We went swimming, shopping (at the outlets), ate at Cafe Rio (yummm!), went boating, and watched the cousins play so well together. It was a nice visit. I sure wish that we lived closer to more family.


Kylie is three months older than Haley and she sure did love being the older cousin! ....So cute!

The boys LOVED going boating and especially loved it when we got to jump in the lake.


2 comments:

Sydney said...

Isn't that always how the trips to UT go? I swear that when we go to UT to visit family, the time speeds up and I never see or do anything that I intended to do.

Sounds like you had a great trip. I love that Michael's parents live there so I know we'll always have a connection to get together (as if we'll need one but just in case)

Rebecca said...

Zipporah, I don't know if you remember us, but I got your blog off of Kristel Liddle's blog. Hope you're doing well and surviving Michael being gone. You're in our prayers.