Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Update on Michael

I haven't posted anything about Michael lately (mostly because I am waiting to get more pictures from him), but I thought I would give a quick little update....
Michael seems to be doing well. I am SO grateful that we are able to talk just about every day. I love him and miss him so much!
He is at a different base right now doing dentistry on a lot of Iraqis. Actually, most of them need teeth pulled and they don't want him to pull them, so he is trying to convince them to let him work on them. I think it's nice for him to be in a new environment and seems to make time go by faster. About a month ago, he got a small pox vaccination and ended up with cellulitis. His shoulder was very swollen and red and he got sick. Though he still has a scar, he is doing much better. He works VERY long days (16 hours sometimes) and sounds tired most of the time. I feel so bad for him, but I'm so proud of how well he has dealt with this experience.
Now for the good news....When he gets back to his home base, he will have just a short time before he gets to come home! Yippee! He should be home by the end of September!! I CAN'T wait! I feel so lucky that he has had such a short deployment and really admire people who do it for 12 or 15 months. I just can't imagine.

6 comments:

Sydney said...

Thanks for the update. I'll try and get one more package to him before he comes home.

Mythreesons said...

I admire you for toughing it out for 6 months with such optimism and such a positive attitude. I'm barely surviving 2 weeks and my children are in even more danger of not making it!:) I thought of you last night when I woke up at 3 AM because my TV suddenly came on. Soo creepy. But I don't think people break into homes just to watch your TV... but it was so spooky. I hope September goes by really fast for you and your family!

510Jen said...

Yipee I am so excited September that is great. Thanks for the update!

The Larsons said...

Glad to hear he is busy! Hopefully that makes it easier for him too. Hopefully the next month goes fast! I have a new respect for people who have to go through what you are going through now that we are here on a base, and it seems like pretty much everyone in our ward has had to deal with it. You are all my heros!

Yvonne said...

Oh Zipporah, I can't even tell you how excited I am for your family to be back together! YAY!!! Soon!!! Wa-hoo!!! :-)

Nichole said...

Yeaaaaah! We are so excited for Michael to be home with his wonderful little family! I've watched in awe as you have been the single mom for these last few months, but I sure hope you don't ever have to do this again! Come home Michael & STAY home!!!!! Love you!